• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radeon vs Geforce 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
According to Madonion the highest score for the Radeon Ve with a CPU speed of 1500MHz to 1550MHZ is 2445 and for the GF2 TI with the same CPU the score is 5854. Both were with a Res of 1024x768x32 and a AMD XP xpu.

i thikn i'm gonne get the Gainward/Cardexpert GeFroce3 TI 200 128mb DDR seen here 2nd down on the list. it has TV out and lots of memory. any thoughts on my choice?

Last edited:
thats a very good choice....but i would personally go for the Radeon 8500 for the 140$ at Best Buy....128mb is no different performance wise than 64mb specially at playable resolutions......the 8500 would crush the Ti200....i would get the Gainward for maybe like 130$

xl said:
I'd say a Gainward GF2 with VIVO. I'm not sure how the software is, but you can overclock it like a mother!

if youre buying a new video card why would you get 2 year old technology?

xl said:
I'd say a Gainward GF2 with VIVO. I'm not sure how the software is, but you can overclock it like a mother!

Radeon 7500 is a much better card at leats for the features it offers, but you would need to add a capture card. Performance wise they are very equal

Cisco KId

Cisco Kid said:

Radeon 7500 is a much better card at leats for the features it offers, but you would need to add a capture card. Performance wise they are very equal

Cisco KId

What's a capture card? I also have the 7500... :)

Garfield said:

What's a capture card? I also have the 7500... :)

Look at my signiture, I have a TV Tuner video capture card (watch cable onmy pc and also record show as well as capture video from my camcorder). Kinda turns my 7500 into an All In Wonder 7500 (although few less features but the card is not clocked lower as a 7500 AIW is)

Cisco Kid

funnyperson1 said:

it allows you to transfer video from a camera or VCR to your computer

Okay, I understand the funcionality of this now. Thank you. But, how/where would you hook this capture card up to your computer if you don't have one (I also have the Radeon 7500)? Via the video card?

normally it would utilize usb or pci slots to take in video...the pci cards are preferable as USB1.0 isnt fast enough for high quality video

funnyperson1 said:
normally it would utilize usb or pci slots to take in video...the pci cards are preferable as USB1.0 isnt fast enough for high quality video

Okay. Thanks for the descriptions :)

ve

Klownin79 said:
According to Madonion the highest score for the Radeon Ve with a CPU speed of 1500MHz to 1550MHZ is 2445 and for the GF2 TI with the same CPU the score is 5854. Both were with a Res of 1024x768x32 and a AMD XP xpu.

Well, radeon ve sucks... The trully 128 bit bus ddram are the 7500 and the underclocked radeon Le 32mb ddram, and offcourse the 8500 series... Beware what ATI you are buying... I Just received my 7500 yesterday from USA andf put on my celemine600@990 in a via 693 mobo and it jumped from arround 1420 (1478 tweaked and oc) with my S3 540 to 4228 out of the box with the radeon 7500 with standart drivers from the disk and no oc (not yet...) I´m just testing it a bit before oc.... I´´m Pleased with it... Enough for my ocasional quake 3d, DVD and dreamrender desktop... winamp plugins... Starcraft :) (ohhh my god what a heavy brand new game!)... More surfing, typing, searching for New England Journal of Medicine articles... It just got that bit better than my last videocard didn´t do... And, with 64mb size and Hyper-Z and ATI stuff... I think It will be Ok to run most games at 800x600 -1024x768 32 bit color with heavy textures... If I got spare money I´d boght a ALL In Wonder with remote controler, OOOHHH what a sweet candy...

Back