• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radiator Configuration

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

speedy4500

For a radiator, I think I remember hearing it is best to suck air through the rad instead of pushing. I have a few questions then. I will be making a water cooled system soon, and I was looking at getting a Lian Li case or similar high quality aluminum case with dual 80mm intake fans. I was then going to mount dual Black Ice Micro radiators in parallel to the front of the case inside, with the fans (maybe pushing about 35 cfm each) then attached to the radiators, so everything would be contained within the case. It would be cooling a P4 (fingers crossed, a C1 stepping) in a Granite Bay or SiS 655, and perhaps a Radeon 9700 or GF4, I haven't thought quite that far yet. The pump would probably be the Eheim 317 GPH model. Does that set up with the rads sound like a good idea? I'd rather not do the following, but would it be better to whip out the dremel and make a 120mm radiator top blow hole for a BI Extreme?

EDIT: this will be my first water cooling attempt, so I am focusing on relative ease of installation and "fool-proofness"

Black Ice Rad,
Use 2- 120mm fans on either side.
1 pulling & 1 pushing.
Shrouds help reduce noise when mounted 1-1 1/2" off the rad.

Back