• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radiator for 1/2" tubing system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Westside05

I'm looking for a radiator that fits to my 1/2" tubing.

already bought 1/2 barbed blocks, reservoir, pump but WHERE CAN I FIND A RADIATOR(without modding if possible)?

ILikeMy240sx

Buy a heatercore, get your dremel out and cut the barb off until theres about 1in left (some people didnt cut the barb so this is not necessary) Boil your tube and slide over it.

It will save you money and be just as good

OP
W

Westside05

Buy a heatercore

lol buying a dremel would cost more...well since it will be useful soon or later I'll go buy em tommorow.

any recommendation on heatercore? chevy chevette 86?

Korndog

that ones pretty good
a lot people like caprice though...
but as long as its not aluminum, and can fit in your case, its all good.

OP
W

Westside05

can someone find me one on ebay or paypal-compatible store?
I don't have cc but paypal....=\

Yuriman

I used a hacksaw to cut off the barbs before I got a dremel, works just as good. You can get a good heatercore for as low as $15, or if you want to go the easy route you can go with a dtek unpainted radiator. Basicly, its a chevette heatercore with barbs already attached.

Bamboozler

Personally I'm going with the heater core from a Ford F-250.

Go to napa online and search part number: BK 4603347

5/8" inlet and outlet so I'm thinking I can make the 1/2" hose fit without too much work. It is also a little larger than the chevette and cheaper!