• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

radio tuner on the soundcard???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ShadowFolder

ok, i have "ess1869f isa" sound card
with build in radio tuner...

how can i use radio tuner in winxp pro???

thanx 4 replies :)

heh ISA may be old but it still works great. I'm using all ISA NICs, not only do they work but the ISA bus runs waay out of spec with no problems for me :D

I checked out the ESS homepage for ya, and they have nothing good there. Apparently they make the chips that power your board, but not the board itself.

Are there any other brand names on the card? Do you have all the drivers installed and ready, so all you need is an app to play the radio? I searched for a radio-playing utility but I have no idea what to search for! :D

here's the ESS homepage for what it's worth:
http://www.esstech.com/

it looks like regular ess soundcard,
it has a gemtek tuner size of a matchbox...

winxp pro can't detect radiotuner... :(

As monster of Rock suggests, the original manufacturer of the card would have included/developed the software and drivers needed to run the card. Perhaps emailing ESS for a list of the manufacturer that have used that chip might help, or do a google search for card brands that have that on them, cross referenced with a list of card brands that also use the tuner,,,, etc ;)

i think it's oem
(i read just "gemtek" on tuner)
i try some 3rd party apps,
but not supported by my tuner...

Back