• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAID 0 transfer?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

phiber

i have a raid 0 system on my current KR7a-133R
i got a nf7-s 2.0 with sata raid i have two addaptors to use
can i just transfer the raid stripe over and just reformat C drive to make it work? or will i have to redo the whole raid?

If the makes of the RAID controllers are different then no, and if they are the same maybe. It's recomended not to do it, but sometimes it will work, sometimes it wont.

The Silicon Image chip will not recognize a stripe from a HighPoint 372 Controller. HERE is another thread where we discussed migration of RAID0 arrays.

another question... are there any known problems with that controller? the silicon image one

get drive image 7 is a great prgram... you can make an image of the raid to a dvd, lan, cd, or other hard drive.. this is also a great way to test a raid.. load an os test.. rebuild raid using diferent strip or #of dirve and reload the image works great.. love it so much saved me so much time it is not even funny

The controller of which you speak has been known to scramble hard drives quite frequently. I am using the same chip on a pci card and it is working fine for me but i believe it is a newer revision then what is included on the 2.0, perhaps.

I heard of the controller scrambling drives on the NF7-S with some older BIOSes, but not with recent ones. Are you sure of that nicspits?

nope, nope i'm not, and that'd be nice if it works now cuz i would like to give it a try in a few months. Can anyone give an absolute yay or nay on this?

phiber said:
another question... are there any known problems with that controller? the silicon image one

YES.

gaza said:
get drive image 7 is a great prgram... you can make an image of the raid to a dvd, lan, cd, or other hard drive.. this is also a great way to test a raid.. load an os test.. rebuild raid using diferent strip or #of dirve and reload the image works great.. love it so much saved me so much time it is not even funny

In this case it isnt going to work since the migration to a different board will have a different RAID Controller Chip & will require a dfferent driver not to mention a different motherboard chipset;)

ok maby i just got lucky, it worked for me... good luck with it ok

Back