• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

raid question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

plizzo

ok, i have a question about the raid controller on the dragon+ board. i have one hd, one cd-burner, and one dvd-burner. i wanted to use my hd on ide1, my cd-burner on ide2 and my dvd on ide3. i kept the jumper on 1-2 and enabled raid in the bios. when the promise bios comes up, it recognizes the dvd, but then it says no drives are attached so it wasnt enabled. do i need a hd on ide3 or ide4 for it to enable the raid controller so i can use them for ide drives? is it possible just to use ide3 and ide4 for cd-rom or dvd-roms?
thanks

ide channels

Run your HDD by itself on the raid controller but don't enable the array. There should be a setting in either the raid bios or your main bios so that you can boot from that HDD without any trouble. Then run your cd and dvd drives on the regular ide channels.

i tried that also, and i got a blue screen every time that said "inaccessible boot device". the blue screen would come after i got the initial loading screen from either os.
any other ideas? i', gunna read through the manual a little more thoroughly cause i have a feeling im missing something obvious.

plizzo said:
i tried that also, and i got a blue screen every time that said "inaccessible boot device". the blue screen would come after i got the initial loading screen from either os.
any other ideas? i', gunna read through the manual a little more thoroughly cause i have a feeling im missing something obvious.

I have the "ultra drivers" installed,and it works for me with my hdd on ide 1,and
cdrom on ide 2,and
cdrw on ide 3,

and I have the raid jumper on pins 2/3

and in the bios ,I have the raid "enabled"
(YOU MUST ENABLE RAID IN THE BIOS)
(even though it's not raid,this works)

that should work for you.

and remember also,you can't boot from ide 3 & 4.(page 51 in the manual)

Last edited:
Back