• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ram + compalability = shoot or miss?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dino-Man

First question
ddr2 ram wont work with all mobos right?
and say i was getting ram right now for this mobo but i plan on getting another one in may should i just wait and get ram for that mobo?

OP
Dino-Man

Dino-Man

o well i mean just any kind of mobo
im just asken some ddr2 ram wont work with all ddr2 mobos right?

Automata

Destroyer of Empires and Use
o well i mean just any kind of mobo
im just asken some ddr2 ram wont work with all ddr2 mobos right?
There is no reason it shouldn't. Now, I'm not saying all DDR2 ram works in ALL motherboards, there are a few out there that are "buggy". Take for example my AW9D-MAX, didn't work right with OCZ Gold RAM for some reason, no idea what the issue is.

deeppow

There are motherboards that are built to use DDR, not too many of them these days. Motherboards that are built to use DDR2 and ones built to use DDR3. You just need to check the memory type before you select and buy.

And as thideras noted, some motherboards don't work well with particular brands of some memory types. A short post here will often help determine when problems exist with your choices. :beer: