• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ram not performing as intended.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Can you be more clear with what you're asking please?

Could you post a screenshot of the Memory and SPD tabs on CPUz?

You're running in single channel mode, check your motherboard manual for correct placement of DIMMs for dual channel mode.

As an aside, FX CPUs don't really like memory above 1600MHz, and 1866MHz and above have been known to cause stability issues.

I believe he FX CPUs generally do 1866 without a problem but no higher. The memory controller in the CPU die is rather weak compared to their Intel counterparts. Twisted Styx, dial your memory frequency back to 1866. It will have no real impact on performance anyway. Even at 1600 mhz the bandwidth is sufficient to feed the CPU cores all they can handle.

Last edited:
Can you be more clear with what you're asking please?

Could you post a screenshot of the Memory and SPD tabs on CPUz?

I posted the .txt file of my entire cpu-z.

You're running in single channel mode, check your motherboard manual for correct placement of DIMMs for dual channel mode.

As an aside, FX CPUs don't really like memory above 1600MHz, and 1866MHz and above have been known to cause stability issues.

I found this in my motherboard manual, and moved them to the correct slots, (they are running dual channel now) but still same out come.

I believe he FX CPUs generally do 1866 without a problem but no higher. The memory controller in the CPU die is rather weak compared to their Intel counterparts. Twisted Styx, dial your memory frequency back to 1866. It will have no real impact on performance anyway. Even at 1600 mhz the bandwidth is sufficient to feed the CPU cores all they can handle.

Tried this on top of having them in correct slots and the bandwidth didnt budge while the DRAM Frequency under timings section in the memory tab dropped to 936 mhz.

Now that you're actually running dual channel what are your speed and timings?
You mention 936MHz, which is just over DDR3-1866. This is really as high as you want to run on FX for day to day usage.

Use a memory benchmark, like MaxxMEM, to determine your memory performance.

Now that you're actually running dual channel what are your speed and timings?
You mention 936MHz, which is just over DDR3-1866. This is really as high as you want to run on FX for day to day usage.

Use a memory benchmark, like MaxxMEM, to determine your memory performance.

Yea lol just learned that you have to double the timings frequency lol ./...

But that still doesnt explain my max bandwidth running at PC3 10700 667 mhz

The bandwidth field on the SPD tab doesn't matter as long as the Memory tab is showing what it should.
Like I said, use a memory benchmark to test...

The JEDEC columns are the defaults for the sticks, basically there for compatibility with older hardware. The XMP profile is what the sticks are rated for, and what you want to either set in BIOS, or if unavailable, manually set the speed and timings for.

PS, ATM, is the GPU listed under "Little Power" in your sig actually a 980Ti with 4GB of VRAM, or was that a typo?

as others have said, just get it in dual channel and set to rated specs and you have enough, 8 gigs for most.
other than benchmarks the only thing ram will give you is head aches.

Back