• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ram Voltage question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[DAD]MeR|iN

I have 2 x corsair xms 3500pt bh-5 sticks of 256mb in my mobo right now... i was running them at 2.7V for a hile but things got a little unstable so I kicked it up to 2.9V atm, and it fixed the stability issues, i am running some burn in programs right now, but i nwas wondering if it is healthy for these sticks to run at that high of voltage? the bh-5 should soak up voltage but im not sure, they were expensive and very hard to come by and i just wanted another opinion on whether or not it would be wise to leave them at this voltage or turn them down and just mess with the cpu voltage etc... thanks a million!

they are nice a cool to the touch, I do have somewhat good cooling, i OCed from 1.73 to 2.20 without much increase, still 39 degrees full load... they have those eird corsair platinum heatspreaders on them, i hope that will help...

There are lots of people that run their bh-5 at way more than that. It is quite common to see guys running bh-5 on modded boards at 3.2v +, and, if I remember correctly, per Winbond's datasheet the max voltage is somewhere around 3.6v for these chips. The key concern, as mentioned above, is temps and so far that does not seem to be a problem for you. If they do get hot with increased voltage, then simply mount a fan blowing on them to help cool things.

With increased voltage, by all accounts, this ram is capable of 230 or more.

Back