• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ramsinks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

felinusz

Senior Overclocking Magus
Why those two sites in particular?

The best RAMSinks (IMO ;)) currently on the market are OCZ Copper BGA RAMSinks - which you can get at:

www.ncix.com (a canadian store) for a really good price.

Sharkman

You can either attach them with a thermal epoxy. Arctic Alumina is thought to be the best for this. Or use the thermal pads that will come with the heatsinks. You can also use AS3/5 and a small dab of krazy glue at each corner of the chips.

Bad thing about Epxoy is you can't take them off easily at all. Krazy glue is a lot eaiser to take off. The thermal pads are by far the easiest to take off. It all depends on what you want to do later on.

OP
Agent_Mull

Agent_Mull

I want to install the ramsinks on my new 9600xt, but its new, and my parents might have a coniption if they see me doing it.

Last edited:

Sharkman

Hmm then I would say use the pads that come with the ram sinks. The pads are just double sided sticky tape that are made out of thermal material.

FIZZ3

Agent_Mull said:
Are ramsinks worth the $$. do they do much?

Coolerguys seems to carry only SDRAM sinks- here:

http://www.coolerguys.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=993

These will probably not fit your card without some sawing/filing. They also look fairly loew=grade, with few and short fins and alu only.

Better ramsinks like I mentioned a couple of posts above are more worthwile to get than these from coolerguys, but the overall gain is probably a few Mhz at most anyway.

OP
Agent_Mull

Agent_Mull

k, ill prolly get some thermal tape and cut up some cheap alum, hs i have here instead of spending my $$.
Actually right now i need to figure out how to oc my 9600xt.