• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Random PC Freezes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Definitely update all your drivers from Asus' site to the newest versions.

Sorry to revive an old thread but I have some interesting news. It seems that if I disable my Nvidia audio device (I had my speakers plugged into my monitor), I don't get any crashing; however if I plug my speakers into my tower (with Nvidia audio device still disabled), I get a crash. It seems that if no audio can play it won't crash.

Interesting, I had had some issue in the past with 2 different audio drivers so I got into the habit of only installing the one I'm using. So if you want to use ON board sound from realtec then install that one but when installing Nvidia do a custom install and un-tick the HDMI driver.

Well I didn't have the realtek ones installed at all as I used audio over HDMI. I installed the realtek ones, disabled the nvidia audio device which resulted on a crash again. The only way I can avoid a crash is with all audio devices disabled (it crashes with either enabled). The crashing only seems to be when using hardware accelerated programs (Maya uses opengl and after effects uses cuda etc.) It also dosnt matter is using AMD or nvidia card.

Back