• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Random Re-boot issue (a little off topic) but important

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Phrenetical

Hey guys, Ok i know this is a little of topic, but it applies to this forum section for two main reasons.

1. Everyone posts in here about this issue
2. And it will help out heaps of people who have posted in this section about it.

The issue, is RANDOM RE-BOOTS, lately i have seen a multitude of posts about Oc'ers having re-boot issues, I myself get them if i OC to high.

I was just browsing and came accross this link Link 1

It told me something i didnt know, that random reboots can be caused by connecting to many things on the one molex line. I hold to the fact that a dedicated line is still good for all your fans and what not, but most of us have way more stuff than just fans, eg, Cathodes, led's, controllers, and whatever else, and im assuming alot of us, have used the one molex line to connect most of it.

So what i suggest to all those OC'ers having reboot issues, or even if your not, try reconfiguring your setup, take a few components and hook em up to another Molex line.

NOTE - Don't hook up fans and other things to your OS hard drive molex (make sure that molex goes straight from PSU to HDD), Personally i dont even hook up other molex components to any HDD line, so use your CD drive lines or something.

Hope this helps hey. :beer: :beer:

Back