• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Random Reboots during games?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Darkside

Registered
My computer has been seems to randomly reboot during WC3, it never happens during CS. How do My voltages look or is it something else? Whats you do guys think?

My system:
XP2000+ at 1.8ghz(prime stable, 3dmark tested)
A7V333
MSI ti4600
350w PS(Came with Case)
SB Live
Maxtor 60gb 7200prm
vcore 1.84 - 1.86

fd1aba52.jpg
IDLE

fd1aba51.jpg
LOAD

Larry Quinn

Tracking down the reboot gremlin can be frustrating.

3 things come to mind...

1) Heat...your CPU is reading 47 under load..if that's off die temp then your getting HOT. Add some hard graphics and the case temp will shoot up as well..then you may be seeing the cpu over 50-52' easily..I always get higher temps running games rather than prime.

2) Mem timings too agressive...(speaks for itself).

3) video card overheating or settings too agressive.

I like your voltages so start with the above...and be persistant! you'll find the culprit!

Larry

SlowBurn

If you're OCing your video card, try putting it down to stock settings then try to play your game. If it doesn't reboot again, you know what your problem was. What type and how much Memory do you have? Like Larry Quinn said, check your memory timings. If they are too aggressive, it will cause your computer to either freeze, or just plain reboot.

OP
Darkside

Darkside

Registered
my video card is barely o/c'd 305/675 so i'll turn it down to to stock.

Running prime gets my cpu the hottest, if i play WC3 with winamp playing, my cpu temps get 45max. And my cpu temps are not socket but die temps. So I think the cpu temps r fine. My case temps get 32 max. Only cooling i plan to add is a slot intake for my gpu.

we'll see if bringing down the video card will solve it.

WyrmMaster

I'm a little teapot Senior
Try increasing your CPU voltage without changing anything else. If you computer crashes faster or more often with more voltage then you KNOW for certain that the power supply is not supplying enough power for you system.