• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Random reboots?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mikeward

Registered
I've been experiencing random reboots the past couple of days. I've been running a 1.6A at 2133 with the RAM at 533. After the first reboot, I dropped the RAM back down to 400 and was fine for two days. Then today, I get another one. The system stress tested fine (with the RAM at 533), with a max CPU temp of about 51*C (system temp never over 35). I ran for at least continuous-on 4 days with no problems (with the occasional reboot but never actually turning the PC off). Any ideas? I thought it might be a heat problem, but after the last reboot, I got into the PC Health Menu ASAP and the CPU temp was at 48*C.

Mike

Cooler666

Disabled
try turning off automatic reboot in Windows XP and see what happens

how do you set the Ram to work at 533? the only options i see there are 400 and 300, or did you do this by increasing the FSB

OP
M

mikeward

Registered
Automatic reboot? Argh! :mad: Windows should never reboot on it's own...

I changed that...Maybe that was it. But, I haven't had any system failures (well, at least that WinXp told me about)...

I got to 533 using a 133MHz fsb and setting the RAM "speed" to 400 in SoftMenu. Runs nicely...

mike