• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rapid CIty (the "new Intel chipset)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mictlan

Senior OC BOINC User
We ought to get our eyes on this one. Intel do produce excelent mobos, stable and with quality components. So now imagine an overclockers mobo made by Intel. Ought to be something to consider next year......166 FSB, quad pumped, HTII, dual DDR2700 memory controllers.....just throw in it SATA, Firewire and USB 2.0 and you have a mobo with some good items for the Intel fans.

Last edited:

Digital Pimp

HAHAHA

In addition, Intel may also unveil a reference design of a computer case with rather extreme cooling solution for its CPU. This includes a big blow hole complete with a 60 millimetre tube going directly to the CPU fan and so distributing cool air straight onto the heatsink.

oh but intel why cant we have this "extreme" cooling now... :cry: ;)

LMAO

Digital

EyelessFace

Intel mobo=Intel prices.

Ill pass.

[EDIT]

That should really say Intel overclocker's mobo=Insane Intel prices.

You think that for one moment Intel is going to let you have that speed for free? From the looks of it, if granite bay is $200-$300, you can expect this to be $400+.

Sorry to get you down, but this is probably going to be the butt end of the Intel chipset.

p.s - now that I think about, the nForce2 seems quite overpriced as well.

[/EDIT]

Last edited:

TC

Senior Seti Addict
I was trying to remember which way the water spins when you open the drain - based on northern or southern hemisphere. It might come in handy so I can place bets on which way the tornado spins when I open my wallet to buy one of those boards ;) I see some similarities :D

OP
Mictlan

Mictlan

Senior OC BOINC User
:D LOL :D

Anyway, as prices goes we can alway think that Intel mobos are expensive but if you compare an Intel mobo (that we can alway say that has some good components) and any of the leading mobo manufactures (ASUS, ABIT) with one of their entusiast mobos (the ones with the extra candy like RAID, USB 2, 1 MHz FSB adjustment, AGP, CPU and Memory Voltage tweaks) they are not that far one from another.