• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Raptor Raid 0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Big Nuttz

Always one step ahead of jdmcnudgent
I'm trying to setup Raid on my P4C800. It installs fine but when Windows starts the system restarts. I'm running two Raptors with Windows XP. I'm able to run SATA but not RAID. Any help would be great.

mateo

Have you installed the RAID drivers, when Setup prompts F6 before you partition and install?

gtsimmo

Alittle more discription of what you did exactly is needed.

1) Did you build the Array using the Bios Options?

2) Building an array would of deleted everything on your drive forcing you to do a clean install. When starting windows from the CD did you load the SCSI drivers by hitting F6?

OP
Big Nuttz

Big Nuttz

Always one step ahead of jdmcnudgent
I built an array.
I hit F6 during setup and installed the drivers and formated the drive .
After it reboots to start Windows XP Pro for the first time it restarts the machine.

attack

hmm try to flash your BIOS or RAID controller with the latest update. Also make sure your using the latest drivers for winXP with your card/mobo. If that doesn't work try 2k pro, some people have much better luck with that.

z00ey

Registered
had the same problems (actually, even worse, cause evan SATA didn't work) - most likely the problem is memory!

i had a pair of TWIN Corsair XMS 512 3200, and one stick was a flaw... i'm getting new ones tomorrow, and during my waiting time i set up XP with some borrowed 333 ram

try plugging one stick out (if u have 2), and lowering ram frequency for the format and installation, and when it's finished, then plug in the second one... maybe it'll work, some guys made it through with just that