• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Raspberry pi 3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DocClock aka MadClocker

Ok, so the SoC (system on a chip) movement is rolling along, and I'm getting all excited at the prospect of having an emulator (retro pi) and bringing back some old school games, and the new Raspberry pi 3 model B has me turned on.. and I am wondering if any of you have played with one and what was your experience with it, and what OS's did you play with, or am I going to be the pioneer in this one?
What are your thoughts... are you going to get one, or the competition,etc.
Lemme know what you think,
Doc

Edit...Sorry, I posted this from my tablet in the wrong area..My Bad. If I knew how to delete the thread I would, so I closed it...If an Admin wants to delete it, it is OK with me.
Once again, sorry for not paying more attention :edit

Last edited:
I've been plannjng something similar ever since I saw this : images (2).jpg
and then someone else pointed out this :
download_20160522_092527.jpeg

I had planned to jam on old desktop in the cabinet with a decent monitor as the screen.... Your post and Raspberry pi might bring this old project back to life.

Disclaimer : these are just pics lifted from the net. I didn't build these, I just find them to be inspirational and slightly on topic for the post :)

I've been plannjng something similar ever since I saw this :View attachment 179442
and then someone else pointed out this :
View attachment 179443

I had planned to jam on old desktop in the cabinet with a decent monitor as the screen.... Your post and Raspberry pi might bring this old project back to life.

Disclaimer : these are just pics lifted from the net. I didn't build these, I just find them to be inspirational and slightly on topic for the post :)

There is a video list of a Russian youtuber making an arcade machine by himself, Its in Russian but if you want to watch here it is :

Back