• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Rate My System for Budget build.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

M@rk

Anybody who wants please rate my budget build and suggest what i could've done better and stuff (The GPU is trash, Didnt include it here cause i will upgrade in the future.)
Build :

CPU : Intel Core I5 6600K
MotherBoard : MSI Z170A PC MATE
RAM : Corsair Vengeance LPX 4GB 2400MHz
Cooler : Noctua NH-U9B
SSD : SanDisk 128GB (SDSSDP-128G-G25)
PSU : Antec BP450S

Thanks for leaving any feedback :)

The overall build cost me around 575$ (i live in israel so the pricing here for PC components pretty high comparing to US pricing)

EDIT : I forgot i bought the SSD Last year, it cost me around 75$, so 575+75=650. Sorry for that!

PS You can see all of my PC specs in my profile, All the things i didnt mention here were bought before.

Last edited:
Personally I agree too that the RAMS should be 2 x 4 GB for 8 GB if Mark can afford it and with the prices of SSD's a 256 GB would afford much more overhead later.

Should be fine...

THe ram, I assume is 2x4GB?

No, Its just one stick

and he got the ssd in!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Damn!, i forgot i bought the SSD Before, it cost me around 75$ but it was about a year ago :/

+1 for the SSD 250GB. Have you tried a small overclock around 4.2GHz?

I did overclock it a little bit, to 4GHz, ill try to overclock it till i reach about 75-80 degrees (C), now at full load its not passing the 60 degree mark

I agree that a bigger ssd is always good!!!
I also agree on getting a second stick of matching ram, only 2 things really matter with ram, that you have enough, 8 gigs these days and that it runs in the correct, unganged mode, single, dual, triple or quad.

I know, Ill add another 4GB stick when ill have some money.

4GB really isn't enough these days to game in a lot of cases. I would get another matching stick sooner than later when you start getting into things a bit more. That will also give you dual channel.

Merged your triple posts... please edit to add when you are posting that close. :)

Like this? (The post merging thing, Sorry im new C; )

Last edited:
4GB really isn't enough these days to game in a lot of cases. I would get another matching stick sooner than later when you start getting into things a bit more. That will also give you dual channel.

Merged your triple posts... please edit to add when you are posting that close. :)

I agree that a bigger ssd is always good!!!
I also agree on getting a second stick of matching ram, only 2 things really matter with ram, that you have enough, 8 gigs these days and that it runs in the correct, unganged mode, single, dual, triple or quad.

That is cool that you have overclocked to 4.0GHz, you might be able to go up to 4.2GHz on stock voltage.

Back