• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rate this PC and offer suggestions!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TomaHawk47x

This is the PC I'm planning on building. The total cost is about $1500.

Antec Sonata w/380 watt psu
Slk 900u w/Smart Fan II and Arctic Silver Ceramique
Abit NF7-S Revision 2.0
AMD Athlon XP "Barton" 2500+
Sapphire 9800 non-pro
1024mb (2x512mb) Buffalo Technology (Winbond) PC3200
Western Digital SATA 120gb/8mb Harddrive
Lite On 52x/32x/52x cdrw
Lite On 16x dvd/48x cd-rom
Alps 3.5 Inch Floppy Disk Drive
ViewSonic P95F+B 19" CRT
Creative SBS270 2-Piece Speaker
Zalman 5.1 Headphones
Logitech MX 700 Cordless optical mouse
Logitech Cordless Elite Keyboard

Please rate and offer suggestions and comments. Thanks.

If sound quality means anything to you, I would at least get a 2.1 speaker system (two speakers and a subwoofer). You can get decent 2.1 systems for under $100, so it won't be a major splurge. If sound isn't important, then of course you're fine with the speakers you chose.

those speakers are just for normal computer use. the headphones are for gaming. i may change my mind and change the sound set up tho.

How much is the ram?

I might look into buying some better ram depending on the cost. I might want to go with Geil or something with heat spredders.

Kill the mx700 and get the mx500 mouse if its for gaming,I have the logitech cordless one that came with my keyboard and it dont track well and its a battery hog.

BigJk-47 said:
Kill the mx700 and get the mx500 mouse if its for gaming,I have the logitech cordless one that came with my keyboard and it dont track well and its a battery hog.

I love my MX700 and Elite keyboard...absolutely no lag experienced, and they work wonderfully in games [at least for me]. Also, how's it a battery hog? It comes with a charger. ;)

TomaHawk47x, if you do get the cordless keyboard and mouse, you should opt for the Cordless MX Duo and not buy the items seperately.

Just my $0.02

If you aren't going to be using the speakers often I would just get the headphones and spend the extra money to get a 9800 pro. If this is a gaming rig you'll benefit quite a bit more with the pro than with the speakers.

$.02

Back