• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Razer Blade 2015 / 4720HQ undervolting?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BlueNostromo

I just got my Razer Blade 2015 the other day. Everything was GREAT besides for a single stupid dead pixel. Anyway, when playing and running MSI afterburner I saw my CPU temp jumped up to 99C at a peak. I just ran Firestrike again in a 70F degree room on a flat surface and got a max CPU temp of 91C and GPU temp of 80C (overclocked GPU +50mhz on core and +63mhz on mem). I dont really like those Temps on the CPU. Is there any way to undervolt on a laptop?

I used Intel XTU and got the voltage down by -80mv. I don't wanna push it much lower because that was right around where other people were losing stability. I also set my max turbo clock back to 3Ghz. Doing that, I got my CPU temps down to 87C!

Had a similar issue with a MBP and unfortunately there isn't a whole lot you can do. Similar temps to yours, I had apple re-do the thermal paste since it was still under warranty now down into the low 70s. My suggestion would be to either purchase something else or see how their warranty and extended warranty claims are like. Most likely you'll end up replacing that within a year or two at those levels

Back