• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Re-done my site... opinions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IFMU

The Xtreme Senior Nobody
Not to sure if this was the correct place, but it made sense to me!

Thought I would bother to ask for opinions.

IFMU

Clean. Only thing I would change is to tack the background down so it doesn't scroll. The text will scroll but the background will not. The text scrolls on top of the background. It's a pretty neat effect.

All you have to do is replace this line of code on your page:

[body background="_themes/zero-ifmuized/zertxtr.gif" bgcolor="#000000" text="#999999" link="#FFFFFF" vlink="#336633" alink="#009900"]

And change it to this:

[body background="_themes/zero-ifmuized/zertxtr.gif" bgcolor="#000000" text="#999999" link="#FFFFFF" vlink="#336633" alink="#009900" body bgproperties=FIXED]

That should tack down that background and stop it from scrolling. Try it and see if you like it.

Hmm.. Ok, well odds I wont be able to see it on my system here, my monitor is way too dark. But Think Ill change it anyways, Ive always thought that caused a nice lil disintoriation effect. heh...
Only question is, where the heck is that at? Im not to good at this kinda thing, I used FrontPage to make it if yea couldnt tell... Lookin around in the html and I didnt see it?

I've just started tinkering with Frontpage so I'm not sure. I think if you go into the background properties of Frontpage you have the option of fixing the background like that. The code that I put up was the source code of your page...I'm used to doing sites by hand....

The first and only page that I have done in Frontpage is the one in my sig.

Ah ok... I see where you mean. However, Im not to sure where that needs to be changes within the html code. Did a lil messing around but didnt want to stick right... Just woke up so Ill look into it some more later. Thanks!

Right, I see what your talking about. Even checking the code from the site itself I can see where the changes should be. But, actually inside FrontPage, I dont see the coding like that in html. Which is rather annoying. Cuz I agree, that would be pretty kewl.

Open up the saved page in Notepad instead of FrontPage and it will show the code. Just change it to what's in my reply up above and then go to save as, then save it as whatever_you_named_it_originally.htm and it will still show properly when brought up in the browser of your site visitor.

Only problem is, when you make changes to that page you're going to have to check and see if it overwrites that special background command. That is until one of us figures out a way to do that in FrontPage.

Ok, Ive been talking to a bud here of mine and Ive been able to figure out the problem. I attempted many times to do that coding several times. However, it wouldnt stick. frontpage would undo the changes due to my using a theme. So, I have redone it again, but this time without a theme. Now, it works.
Just need to do some recoloring and a few edits.
Thanks for the help King, appreciated!~!

Ok think Ive got it pretty much finished for the moment.

Whattayea think?

www.IFMU.netfirms.com

Ill be redoing this on another site soon though, friend pointed me to a site without the banner and more webspace.

Its icronTic.

Except for the color of the font screwing with the backround its cool.

I have dreamweaver... maybe I should put it to work. or I could hop on AOL and get their HTML help guides... would be cool writingit from scratch.

EDIT: it could be my stupid XP distorting the font... it does that. Any clue how to fix that?

I don't really have anything to say about your site. I'm just posting to break up the massive amounts of blue stars this thread is covered in.

Background might look a bit better if you could get the matrix thing to scroll the other way. I don't know why, but I think it might look better like that. Coloring of the letters is also a bit too close to background color. I'm sure that's what you meant for it to do, but it is a little distracting to read.

stompah said:
Its icronTic.
D'oh!
stompah said:
EDIT: it could be my stupid XP distorting the font... it does that. Any clue how to fix that?
Thinkin about that, I need to put up a zip file of the actual font thats on there... It be kew if folks could see it the way its meant to be huh? LoL

Krusty said:
I don't really have anything to say about your site. I'm just posting to break up the massive amounts of blue stars this thread is covered in.
LoL... You'd go ape**** if you were to see the blue room huh? :D lol
Krusty said:
Background might look a bit better if you could get the matrix thing to scroll the other way. I don't know why, but I think it might look better like that. Coloring of the letters is also a bit too close to background color. I'm sure that's what you meant for it to do, but it is a little distracting to read.
Ive kinda wondered too. I kinda like the layout, but Ive done some more changes. Should clear it up some.

IFMU said:

D'oh!

Thinkin about that, I need to put up a zip file of the actual font thats on there... It be kew if folks could see it the way its meant to be huh? LoL

If I highlight the text then I get better quality. This has always been an issue with XP and this monitor. I dont install the monitor software cuz I dont wanna. Yet the text on many websites is not as sharp as ths same setup with win2k.

I think I will stick to my comic sans font. Always pleases me. :D

ACK! Your message board just threw like 3 popups at me and tried to install Gator!

Last edited:
What?!
Pop up? guest book? you mean the um... the shizz... message boards??????

IFMU said:
What?!
Pop up? guest book? you mean the um... the shizz... message boards??????

That's what I said. Message board. See? Look at my post. Been there all the time:D

Hrm.. guess I didnt see it due to running Opera here. Didnt on my moms system either, which is basic IE on ME. Odd...
Ok well thanks, guess thats comin off.

want my opinion, its neat but you can improve it, instead of having a "long" front page have a small page (a person don't have to scroll down and read and read) and divide it into different links (you can use frames for that) at least that's what i am learning now days in web designing classes :)

Back