• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Re: New Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Forerunner2

Re: New Build

Dear Forum,

I built this system over the X-Mas holidays & I'll like feedback on it. Just for curiosity.:)
Bear in mind, I'm not a gamer. I just had spare parts kicking around & bought a few. Again,
I know some parts are OVERKILL but they came @ a good price.:)

Forerunner2

Here are the specs:

MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DP3

CPU: AMD FX-6100

VIDEOCARD: GIGABYTE RADEON HD 6950/2GB GDDR5memory

MEMORY: KINGSTON HYPER X DDR3 1600CL/16GB

HARDDRIVE #1: OCZ VERTEX 4 2.5” SSD/128GB
HARDDRIVE #2: Western Digital CAVIER GREEN
DESKTOP HDD/2TB

CARDREADER: All in 1 3.5'' Internal Embedded USB 2.0 Multi Memory Card Reader 9 Pin Adapter

CASE: DEEPCOOL KENDOMEN TITANIUM MID-TOWER CASE

POWER SUPPLY: EVGA SUPERNOVA 750B

OPTICAL DRIVES: LG DVD+RW DRIVE BURNER(2)
MODEL: GH24NS90/SATA/BLACK

OPERATING SYSTEM: WINDOWS 10 PROFESSIONAL 64BIT

Which parts did you buy? The only issue I see is that the motherboard in the system has power phase components that are weak if you plan to overclock the FX-6100. Also, are you cooling the CPU with a stock, OEM cooler? Am I to understand your list to indicate you are using three hard drives, the "Desktop HDD/2TB" being the third one?

Hi

As far as the parts I bought, only bought the case & operating system. I don't plan to O/C it. And, using a Cooler Master heatsink. as far as the harddrives, no, ONLY 2. The desktop HHD is the Western Digital.
again, not a HIGH/GAMER pc, but just wanted something decent.:)
I THINK the m/b is the "weak" link but not too bad.:)

Forerunner2

So you didnt buy ANY parts. This isn't new except for the case and OS... Its the same system. ;)

I dont think anything on the list is overkill except for the PSU. The GPU is a few gens old and pretty slow at this point. Barely a 1080p gamer if that for modern titles. I think the build is long in the tooth with that GPU. But if you don't play demanding games or can stand to lower settings (defeating the point of gaming on a PC), then its solid for you, which is the most important part.

should be fine for Facebook and e-mail

If temps are to high grab a CM Evo and call it a day

Back