• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Reached a new high OC / max for ECS mobo :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chasingapple

Hey all, thought I would share my newest overclock with my POS ECS motherboard, I know I need a better board and I will get one as soon as fundage is available. But this has to be one great overclock for the little lightweight!

Athlon XP 2000+ overclocked to 2600+ speeds.... 12.5 x 160 = 2,000Mhz. Stock voltage, PCI @ 40mhz AGP @ 80mhz and stable, that to me is unbelievable! Anyway, when I get a new mobo 200x10 should be easy :)

Here is me going toe to toe with a P4 2.8Ghz!! My 2000+ and ECS mobo cost me a total of $69 at Fry's on a special, and it's a Tbred-B core as well.

CPU Test

2600cpu.JPG

CPU Multi

2600multi.JPG

OP
chasingapple

chasingapple

Did that on purpose, I do not think a 266mhz FSB CPU can go head to head with a 800mhz FSB CPU, I was trying to keep the playing field as even as possible for benching purposes.

OP
chasingapple

chasingapple

I am pleased with the results but of course I know it can do better which is frustrating cause my ECS KT333 board is holding me back so much. One day soon I will have the power in my hands and I will floor this sucker and see just how far it can go!

Jognt

All round good guy
heh, when that day comes, i will wish you good luck and a nice OC with that great proccie!

edit: ah hell! ill wish ya good luck here and now!

*walks towards chasingapple, hugs him, shakes his hand*

*good luck m8 *snif* good luck!*

----this post is not ment to hurt anyone/thing in any way!----

OP
chasingapple

chasingapple

Well, I have no way to adjust the voltage at all. Actually I might go try it now, gimme a few and I will report back...it is a jumper on the mainboard...

OP
chasingapple

chasingapple

No go on the 166FSB default. It gets all the way to the windows logo screen and then restarts. I know if I could up the voltage just a hair all would be fine. I really hate this mobo, hehe.

OP
chasingapple

chasingapple

Can't do that either. You see an ECS motherboard only gives you one overclocking option... FSB speed adjustment. NO voltage, NO multi, No anything else :)