• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Reading past SMART data?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CompuTamer

Member with Some Fancy Text Under His Name
Are there any programs that can read, and graph past smart data? I have an old 250 gig WD drive in my comp, and it has 21 reallocated sectors, and i'd like to know when they happened... i'd also like to just see how the power on hours piled up, and when it was shut down and started up most... the drive has close to 30K hours on it, and it's reporting over 3K start stop cycles... and that just doesn't seem right :/

Martel

I don't think the errors are logged by time. Could be wrong, but pretty sure it just logs the error. Spinrite is a great program for looking at smart data. Only problem is price $90. Hopefully someone else will have a better answer.

ThePerfectCore

Red Raccoon Dojo
smartctl won't generate graphs, but it will display any past errors (if the hard disk supports logging) along with other SMART info. Unfortunately it's a Linux program. You might be able to get it running under Cygwin, but I would recommend installing Ubuntu on a spare disk instead and check it that way.