• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Reading The Xp's on die temp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lithan

Disabled
Hi I was wondering if anyone could tell me how I can see my xp1800+'s on die diode's temp reading on an ak31 2.0 (kt266)

zachj

Chainsaw Senior
If I'm not mistaken, most boards these days take the temp reading from the diode, so whatever the board says is probably from the built in diode. Could be wrong, though . . .

Z

Yodums

Unforunately, your board doesn't have the on-die sensor support. In order to read on-die, you must have a board that has the support e.g. Epox 8K3A. However Hoot had designed a device that you would solder to the back area of the CPU which would add sensors to allow you to read the on-die sensor. He actually made them in bulk so he doesn't have them anymore :(

OP
Lithan

Lithan

Disabled
It's just as well... soldering on my motherboard I can handle... soldering on my cpu is something I'm not quite ready to risk. Thanks guys.