• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Really dissapointing score....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Quattro

Hello everyone..

I've got a AMD 2500+ Barton @ 2.26ghz (Can do more but RAM doesn't like it)
Asus A7N8X-D
512MB TwinMOS
Radeon 9800Pro at 425/384

I only got 17874 in 3dmark2001se.

I was expecting close to 20k.

What's wrong or is this normal?

Or what can I do to get to 20k?
I've got an artic vga cooler on my card.

Shall I push my ram and cpu or shall I abuse my card some more, I'm not sure whats safe for use with a radeon first one I ever had. I normally had GeForce.

sandman001

Just Freeze It
As long as there are no artifacts you're fine on the card. Keep pushing.

Is your barton locked? If not up the multiplier.

OP
Quattro

Quattro

Nope it isn't locked.
Shall I see if it craps out at 11.5, seems latelty my processor is being crap it used to be able to do 2.4ghz no probs but recently it doesn't like 11.5x.

Shall I try it 205FSB with 11.5x and keep going with the card.

Is there any where I can find out the average sort of cut-out point for the cards?

Gautam

Senior Benchmark Addict
I'm guessing that you're using a "normal" configuration, i.e., WindowsXP, DirectX9, some of the latest Cats, and probably all of your favorite games installed, maybe some stuff running in the background.

In that case that's a fine score. You could probably get about 2000-2500 points more by using an optimized fresh install, but that's probably not worth it, so I personally wouldn't care.

Some quick fixes you could do are setting your AGP Aperture to 64mb, and running the Car Low test by itself until you get a good run in. Those two should probably get you to about 18.5k.

Check this thread out to see where most people end up. Where you're at right now looks pretty good for the card at stock.

Lol, Sandman, both of us have exactly the same post count. Dunno why I noticed that.

ColtIce

Disabled
you can always go with the old standby's.windows 2000,dx8.1,cat 3.7.one thing you have to keep in mind is that serious benching takes serious work meaning that your going to have to do things differently than normal.I get better scores with no sound card installed.

OP
Quattro

Quattro

Oh...
I don't want to do that much to it...
I'm planning to upgrade my ram to 1gb and hopefull get my FSB up and get a quicker processor.

I might get some tornado intakes to replace my current ones...
Bit noisy though.

Gautam

Senior Benchmark Addict
CircuitBreaker8 said:
3dmark01 is more of a CPU/MEM bandwidth test, if you wanna test your graphics card, DL 3dmark03
It's a full system test. That does include the video card.