• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Really unstable KT6Delta

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tsjarlie-wan

Registered
i upgraded graphic card and mobo last month,got the KT6Delta Fisr.I was still using the same old pc2100 ram and i swapped it for some low timing xmsPC3500.I started bumping the FSB up but only managed to get to 136mhz.anything after that is causing crashes on boot.Temps seem fine so im sure its not overheating.If anyone has any suggestions or help would be really appreciated

Jarhead7236

set everything to default and then try again...if it crashes, up your vcore...if you get bsods, up vdimm also.

OP
T

tsjarlie-wan

Registered
thx mate,i head a rumor that some types of ram werent compatible with kt600, any truth in this?

oh ill give it a go and let you know the results

OP
T

tsjarlie-wan

Registered
defaulted everything,managed to get it to 140 with 1.65 v core and it starts crashing again,ill keep tweakikng see what i can get.I havent unlocked the multiplier so maybe i should consider doing that

wpmegee

Wait you're using the XMS and not the PC2100 right? Since you're using the Corsair XMS, make sure your CAS latency's set to 2. Try 2-3-3-6 memory timings. What's your cooling? I'd be careful with upping your vcore on stock cooling.

OP
T

tsjarlie-wan

Registered
yup ,using corsair,got those timings too, CL2 also and i got Innovatek Liquid cooling over the block,ive tried as many settings as i could ,i could only up the V-core to 1.65 before problems, Its definitly not temps as they stable [email protected] [email protected] .Ive even relaxed the ram timings,and disabled everything onboard to see if that would make it more stable,

OP
T

tsjarlie-wan

Registered
right ive managed to get it stable.I unlocked the lower multies using the wire method.and managed to get it running @ 200 x10.Cant go any hight with the multiplier on that fsb,so im just gonna bump up the fsb a little to see if i can squeeze just that bit more out of it

Last edited:

Jarhead7236

also try upping v-link to match your vdimm...that's what one of the mods told me...i am currently running 1.825Vcore (i overvolted a little 1.8 is stable for this oc)), 2.75vdimm but didn't mess with v-link (supposedly chipset voltage)...and my twinmos ram (CL3, tho (7/3/3/3 but will run 7/3/3/2) runs fine...the highest stable i've gotten is 218x10....but with a 50-51C idle cpu temp.

OP
T

tsjarlie-wan

Registered
i heard that i should up the Vdimm if i get BSODS,temps seem ok when im pushing the Vcore but anything above 1.725 wont run 3D for more than 2 minutes without hanging.Do u think the CPU will heat up before the machine crashes or hangs.Temps seem fine even when crashing CPU42 Sys35

Jarhead7236

up your vdimm...also, did u check the msi site for ram compatibility? i know my old msi board was finicky about the ram i put in....

Bigdogbmx

Funny thing on my delta Fis2r is the ram speed can only be either 266,333 or 400. You cant set it to match the FSB so unless you can get to 166 stable FSB theres almost no point in OCing it except for folding or other CPU only applications.