• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Realsched.exe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Puer Aeternus

Anyone know about "REALSCHED.EXE"?

Recently when I booted up I noticed my puter was really slow...I checked task manager and found the above .exe using 100% of my cpu..i turned it off and ran Adaware but upon reboot it is still there..It is part of real media..I have yet to unistall realmedia but that seems the logical option at this point..any one have any experiences w/ this "realsched.exe" prog?

probably something to do with realplayer. if you dont want it running go to regedit/startup and remove it.

It is related to Realplayer.

I find that every time realplayer is used it is added to the startup list.

I hate Realplayer.

Just nuke RealPlayer. It's spyware ridden junk anyways. Sucks up more resources than it should, and tries to take over associations of ALL media file types. Real compression also looks ugly.

You might also wanna consider running a virus scan to see if you've picked up something nasty.

Thanks guys...I removed it..next reboot i will run adaware again to ensure the nasty prog is decimated beyond all recognition.
I hate real player as well but after years of websites offering video using only real player and in order to check out a friends band on a website I caved in and resorted to real media...serves me right.
Real media actually suckerd my friends father into buying it...after a little speech on my behave he cancelled his order to real media.

Good job Puer Aeternus. Hmm.. latin...

Boy.... something.....

Eternal Boy??

Where did you get Eternal Boy?

Good one Zim..heres a cracker for getting my name straight..only a few peeps commented on it(waiting for anyone other than Chaos snake to figure out my Avatar;) ).

I picked out Puer Aeternus a few years ago while reading up on inner child work.
Generally the Puer Aeternus is a adventurer who delves into mysticism, climbing or flying, seeks action. I am one who rock climbs, does martial arts, and practices magick in the Golden Dawn Tradition...the name seemed to fit the bill so i adopted as a Nom de plume for my writing. It also reminds me of the limitations of the classic Puer Aeternus and not to fly to high.

Alchemically it has other meanings, but that is another topic altogether.
Thanks for asking ZIM, i appreciate the observation:D

Real Player is for the devil,
So is Quick Time, anyone know a diff prog to play quick time files? like a codec for WMP or zoom player or anything?

Back