• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Reboot Error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CPalmer93

Today I opened my casing just to clean it all from dust and everything. Simple job usually. When i had everything cleaned and back together, i had problems booting it up. Firstly there was no picture at all on the screen. I turned it on and off, (Yes the old usual) and I was pleased to see that it works. Logged into my desktop all usual. I got blue screen after that, it rebooted it self immediately and i didn't get a chance to look at the error code on the screen. I then had the problems of the blank screen, but on and off again i got it working. Its all working now, but windows sent me a error code and they had no solution at all. I print screen and copied the code, and if anyone knows what was wrong, i would be very grateful.

Here's the error code:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: a
BCP1: 8020072C
BCP2: 00000002
BCP3: 00000001
BCP4: 833AEFE9
OS Version: 6_0_6002
Service Pack: 2_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini122809-01.dmp
C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-56468-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Local\Temp\WER724C.tmp.version.txt

Also my System Infomation:

Asus P5KPL Motherboard
Intel Core2 Quad 2.4hz
4.0GB 667hz RAM
Nvidia 8800GTX
Windows Vista 32-Bit

I know thats brief, ask if you need anymore details.

Thanks

Welcome to the forums!

My first thought is that the power supply is going. If you have another one, try it. You could also try to boot without some items like optical drives to reduce the draw on your current PS.

My next thought is RAM. Download and boot to a program called memtest86+. This program will tell you if you have bad RAM. Note: This program will run for as long as you let it. I suggest that you stop it after it has completed one full cycle. If it has any errors, pull half of your RAM and test again. The idea is to isolate which stick(s) is bad.

Good luck and please post results to let us know if it worked so others can learn or if it did not work so that others can help.

what did you touch ? did you remove anything while dusting ?? dont know if you have an air compressor but thats the best way to do it in my opinion .. especially blowing out the psu

Back