• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

reccomend a good ti 4600...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MoonWolf

Fold For 32!
What do you guys think of the LEADTEK Ti 4600? Those heatsinks look impressive, but I'm not too sure if they help a whole lot. In the reviews, one guy was able to get 340/745 with AS3 on it. He ended up with almost 14000 3dmarks... not bad at all.

Does anyone have any other cards they might reccomend?

--My current VisionTek Ti 4200 gets 9555 3dmarks on this rig at 273/530.

-Wesley

baqai

Well i almost everytime recomend MSI cards, why ??

1. They give the best bundle

2. They are stable

3. They are good overclockers

4. They give the best bundle (yes i know i am repeating this, but they give all the cables, dvi convertor, three free games and God knows what else, card comes bundle with 9 cd's :eek: and is definately worth checking out)

OP
MoonWolf

MoonWolf

Fold For 32!
I heard it's overclock was not as good as some of the others (COUGH* MSI *COUGH)... I trust Gainward and all, but that one is a bit more expensive, too.

What If I just got the Albatron Ti4200 Turbo? It would save me loads of money and allow me to buy a better CD/RW and maybe even a better PSU.

I have $260 to spend (The profits from using some of my older parts (K7S5A, 1700+, 256 SDR, HDD, and some other stuff.) to build my friend a computer on a $300 budget for christmas. I have all the parts except the case, thats where the $40 goes.)

gingo

My gainward golden sample isn't treating me very good... Its not OCing worth a damn. Its a Ti4200 and will only go upto 290, 545.

I checked out MSI's site for a Ti4200, and OMG, they do bundle a lot of stuff with it! Like 4 full games, 9 demos, and other software....

Silversinksam

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster©
MoonWolf said:
I heard it's overclock was not as good as some of the others (COUGH* MSI *COUGH)... I trust Gainward and all, but that one is a bit more expensive, too.

I can tell you that my leadtek ti4600 is pretty nice and it overclocks with the best overclocked MSI's. I guess its a little luck no matter what brand you buy, whether its MSI, Leadtek, Asus etc

PS people have been getting cruddy Albatron 4200's lately from Newegg that wont even do ti4600 stock speeds.

OP
MoonWolf

MoonWolf

Fold For 32!
I read that thread already man... I dont intend to screw other people just cause I got screwed.

Well, that thing about crappy Albatrons from newegg troubles me a bit... can you recommend a good card for up to $200 that will give benchies better than the 9555 I currently get with my VisionTek and allow me to oc higher?

baqai

Yes yes yes i am payed by MSI to talk about them :D

MSI or Albatron are two great cards :)

On my AOPEN ti4200 (4ns memory) i am right now getting 8203 and i know that my machine and ram is major blockade so i don't see why you should have problems getting more than 9555 score with a ti4600

cullam3n

baqai said:
Yes yes yes i am payed by MSI to talk about them :D

MSI or Albatron are two great cards :)

On my AOPEN ti4200 (4ns memory) i am right now getting 8203 and i know that my machine and ram is major blockade so i don't see why you should have problems getting more than 9555 score with a ti4600

On my nonTURBO version, I got the same thing. The core is fine, but the memory just sucks more than the bills skip pays a month for these forums. I'm trying to burn the ram in at 540! (no ramsinks)

-PC

germanjulian

i have an msi!
the fan is ****ing annoying man. it does this high pitched background noise whinning kind of thing. if u dont have good ear nevermind or if u have a NORmal loud computer u wont hear it anyway. good card though!
o/cing is more luck then anything else

cmcquistion

IT Director Senior
I've got a Gainward Ti4600 Golden Sample card. It's a good card, but will only overclock to 315/715. I don't know how good this is compared to others, but 315 seems pretty low, considering it's 300 MHz stock.

BTW, I'm watercooling it. I know if I volt-modded it, I could get a lot more MHz, but I just don't have the soldering skills to mess with such an expensive video card.

NO LIFE

Did you ever think of maybe searching for a Ti4400?? They really good cards with 8-layer PCB and a clock close to the Ti4600. They also have fast memory. And you can find them for uder 200 bucks easily. Then slap a really good hs/fan on it...The Alpha Pal I got on mine is soooo awsome. You should expect an o/c well past the Ti4600.

They are kinda hard to find in my opinion though. Its a much better deal than the Albatron Turbo.

NO LIFE

But if you do go Ti4200, just get the MSI...Its a good stable overclocker with great bundle. You should also take a look at the 64mb version as it has 3.3ns mem rather than 3.5ns ram in the 128mb version. (corect me if my numbers are off) What this means is that the 64mb version's mem will o/c much better. Thats why the Albtron Turbo is soo much $$$ cuz they put BGA 3.3ns mem on it which can o/c like a banshee.

O ya Namagomi "roxzorz my boxzorz"....I LOVE YOU MAN!!:D :D :cool:

OP
MoonWolf

MoonWolf

Fold For 32!
Currently looking at the LeadTek Ti 4400... Great heatsinks and a decent core cooler (I think). ONLY $185.99!!!
41 reviews say 5 stars, but ya cant really trust those...

Seems to be a stable overclocker, too people are hitting Ti 4600 speeds without that being its peak.

Namagomi

Disabled
cmcquistion said:
I've got a Gainward Ti4600 Golden Sample card. It's a good card, but will only overclock to 315/715. I don't know how good this is compared to others, but 315 seems pretty low, considering it's 300 MHz stock.

BTW, I'm watercooling it. I know if I volt-modded it, I could get a lot more MHz, but I just don't have the soldering skills to mess with such an expensive video card.

Uh. I get 315/715 at stock cooling and voltage without even trying. I'd RMA that card if I were you, man.

Ack! Wait! I was just kidding! Really! aaaaaaahhhh!!!

OP
MoonWolf

MoonWolf

Fold For 32!
Ok, Ok... Give me lots of opinions......

GAINWARD/CARDEXPERT GeForce 4, 8X AGP. Ti 4200, 3.6ns, 128MB DDR, Power Pack Golden Sample,
$198 """THE NEW ONE"""

-OR-

LEADTEK Geforce4 TI4400 128M TV/DVI AGP Video Card Retail
$185.99

NO LIFE

Aahahaha Namagomi...I almost threw up when I saw ur post....b4 I read the whole thing.

I woulds say get the Ti4400...spending 198 dollars on G4 Ti 4200 is nuts. Plus the Ti4400 has better RAM im lamost positive and is manufactured on a higher quality 8-layer PCB. The Ti4400 was so close to a Ti4600 that nvidia decidied to stop marketing it. That proves its a good card.

Maybe with the extra $20 (since you said your budget is $200) you could get a swifty to cool the card. If you did that, it would overclock like an absolute BANSHEE!!!! (banshee's are best overclockers in the universe...no not a VooDoo banshee either, just a banshee)

You could easily go past Ti4600 speeds and further.

BTW 185 bucks for the Ti4400 is a great deal. Take it.

Last edited:

NO LIFE

O ya the GainWard card you were talking about "NEW ONE" or NV28 has no performance gain. AGP 8x is good but not when added to a card orginally designed for AGP 4x...I have read reviews on it and they are saying the card has almost no performance gain, the only thing more about it is price.

One more thing; I would steer clear of GainWard...I have heard tons of people complain about nothing but pure crap from that company. They may be wrong but Leadtek doesnt have a thread like this .