• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Reccomendations for a Raid card or card for more SATA ports?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheGreySpectre

I don't actually think I need a raid setup, but I have run out of SATA ports on my current motherboard and I was hoping someone could recommend me a decent card (board has PCI and PCI-Express) to add some more. I am looking to add at least another 6 if not more SATA ports.

Thanks
Greyspectre

HDCHOPPER

Ahhh there are many sata port cards on the market ( fit into a plain ole pci slot) & some that just plug into usb connectors on the mobo for more sata ports there very cheap too that fit into the backplate area of your comp 4 sata ports = 1 slot window & you get female ends this way...so you dont really need a raid card per say...

But one of my fav's raid cards and not too expensive is the Adaptec 2405 has room for 8 sata devices in 2 fanout cables (4 sata cables for each fanout) & it works great with SSD's but going that way you get male ends