• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommend a GPU block and acc. for an EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dfonda

Senior Golfer
Like the title can anyone advise on what they are using. My CPU (AIO) and second GPU are fine. With a second 3080 my top GPU is 90c causing it to throttle. Fans on both 100% (All 6 fans).

Hopefully someone that is already using a product.

I do not normally do this as I swap parts out too often. If they made an AIO for this I would use one.

Thanks

maxfly

Im afraid its unclear what your asking :(
A gpu block suggestion and backplate?

Janus67

Benching Team Leader
Like the title can anyone advise on what they are using. My CPU (AIO) and second GPU are fine. With a second 3080 my top GPU is 90c causing it to throttle. Fans on both 100% (All 6 fans).

Hopefully someone that is already using a product.

I do not normally do this as I swap parts out too often. If they made an AIO for this I would use one.

Thanks
There is an AIO, it's the evga hybrid kit. I'm using one right now (although it came with mine, it's available separately)

OP
dfonda

dfonda

Senior Golfer
Sorry I forgot this thread....

Yes I am on the notify list for the EVGA cooling...I should have said looking for something like this in stock.
I can't find another like it...I wouldn't mind the expense but it would be lot of work to do a custom block and rad...Yes?

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=400-HY-1988-B1

These are 3080's one FTW3 Ultra and an XC3 Ultra stacked folding 24/7 the reason for the heat. I took the side off the case for now. My only other option is another case.

Voodoo Rufus

Powder Junkie Moderator
I'd go with the Heatkiller V if I was in the market for a custom GPU block. I think Watercool's is compatible.

OP
dfonda

dfonda

Senior Golfer
https://shop.watercool.de/HEATKILLERZ-V-for-RTX-3080-3090-ACRYL-Bl

Is "Partner Reference" Telling me it will not work with an FTW3 Ultra? Or do I need to call them...and then I'll need fittings, hoses, and a radiator? So about $300 or so?

Been using AIO's for cooling since they were invented. Never had a PC together long enough to justify custom water cooling. In this case it might be worth a couple million PPD a day.

High-end fullcover waterblock for Nvidia Geforce RTX 3080/3090 graphics cards in partner reference layout. Copper coldplate, acrylic top, and stainless steel front plate.

Thanks for any help.

OP
dfonda

dfonda

Senior Golfer
I was looking at this one: https://shop.watercool.de/HEATKILLERZ-V-for-RTX-3080-3090-EVGA-XC3-ACRYL-Ni-Bl-aRGB

XC3 is the card with all the extra thermal sensors right?
I think both of them have the sensors...3 fans run independently according to the sensors having heat...if they are on auto. I was OK with a smaller 3060 in the second slot but another beast GPU(3080) has blocked off the airflow.

The XC3 is running cool enough in the second slot so I was looking for that model block for the FTW3...but maybe if I switched the slots the XC3 would be the one running hot.

I am not versed at all in blocks.

OP
dfonda

dfonda

Senior Golfer
Would you get the rest of the parts like hoses , fittings and rad from the same Co, or another?

Voodoo Rufus

Powder Junkie Moderator
Titan Rig, Performance Pcs and Frozen CPU I think are the three I usually look at for parts like that.

I'm also a simple person. I stick with Tygon, straight barbs and hose clamps (spring or screw).

BugFreak

If you are an eVGA Elite member keep an eye on the exclusive release page. I've seen the hybrid kits pop up on there a bunch of times.

OP
dfonda

dfonda

Senior Golfer
If you are an eVGA Elite member keep an eye on the exclusive release page. I've seen the hybrid kits pop up on there a bunch of times.
I would hope they send me a notify...Tho I have gotten notifies on PSU's and by the time I checked they were out of stock again. That would be the perfect solution and fair price.

Voodoo Rufus

Powder Junkie Moderator
The FTW block from Watercool is not expected until Q4. Looks like EK makes one already though.