• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

recommend pumps please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CSaddict

I was just curious what you guys are using for water pumps? I have seen Ihiem and maxi-jet. The maxi-jet seem to be whats called a powerhead pump. I assume you can use a powerhead. They see fairly cheap and my buddy owns a pet store. I want to make sure I can use a power head. Please advise me water coolers! Plus is 240+gph overkill? Seems like at that speed the water wont lose the heat through the radiator because it will move through so fast.

I think Eheim are the best, as do most people, they run quiet and LAST! The 1048 is 158 GPH and the 1250 is 317GPH. I run the 1048, there are many heated debates regarding water flow and how much is enough, too much and if a higher flow means cooler temps. I would say it depends on every individual setup. I would get the 1048, it should be all you need.

Thanks for the reply. Heard anything about power heads? One of the guys here installed one and said it was good but I cant remember who?

ok dude, im runnin a maxi-jet 1200 and lovin it!
quiet and pumps a lot of water!

and when you get into the 1000gph thats overkill....
the 1200 is 295gph...

if your plannin on using a 1/2in system, these have 3/8in outputs on them...youll hafta find a way to adapt it...

i use a "penguin power" pump or something like that.
it was like $15 new and been running in my aquarium for 3 years. now its in my computer.
its also a power head type pump.
180gph.

Nice, my buddy sell penguin stuff. I'm going down right now to see what he has laying around.

Keep in mind that you probably won't get anything close to the rated flow of the pump. Especially if you use a heatercore or wb with small channels, you will need a 200-300 gph pump just to get 50 gph (which is fine.)

Back