• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommendations for a 24" 1920*1200 monitor?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krusty

Insane Overclocking Clown
Hey guys,

I've been tasked with finding a decent model 24" monitor here at work. Since Dell discontinued the lower cost 2408wfp and is now selling the pricey U2410, I'm trying to find a monitor that will work well for programmers.

Does anybody know of a $200-$400 monitor out there that uses a PVA/MVA/IPS panel? I know they're excessively rare, but I'm hoping there might be some gem out there that I'm simply not aware of. I am trying to avoid getting TN panel monitors for these people as they are all game programmers and tend to be rather picky about the monitor they use.

On this same note, what are a couple of decent quality TN panel monitors? I need to order several samples to test out, so I'm picking up a range of equipment.

RollingThunder

Destroyer of Trolls & Spammers
Hey guys,

I've been tasked with finding a decent model 24" monitor here at work. Since Dell discontinued the lower cost 2408wfp and is now selling the pricey U2410, I'm trying to find a monitor that will work well for programmers.

Does anybody know of a $200-$400 monitor out there that uses a PVA/MVA/IPS panel? I know they're excessively rare, but I'm hoping there might be some gem out there that I'm simply not aware of. I am trying to avoid getting TN panel monitors for these people as they are all game programmers and tend to be rather picky about the monitor they use.

On this same note, what are a couple of decent quality TN panel monitors? I need to order several samples to test out, so I'm picking up a range of equipment.

Krusty,

More like "Mission Impossible." If there was such a unit, we would all have one. Twenty two inches gives you some options but other than that Dell 2410 IPS @ $500+ and the HP LP2475W, I don't know of any true IPS/PVA 24" for $400 or less. Since buying this Dell 2209WA (e-IPS) and having a Dell 2007 1600 x 1200 PVA, I never looked back at TN so I haven't any recommendations for them.

Last edited:
OP
Krusty

Krusty

Krusty,

More like "Mission Impossible." If there was such a unit, we would all have one. Twenty two inches gives you some options but other than that Dell 2410 IPS @ $500+ and the HP LP2475W, I don't know of any true IPS/PVA 24" for $400 or less. Since buying this Dell 2209WA (e-IPS) and having a Dell 2007 1600 x 1200 PVA, I never looked back at TN so I haven't any recommendations for them.

Yeah, I figured as much. I lucked out a while back and got one of those Soyo P-MVA panels and love it. I was just hoping there was something else out there.

Got any recommendations on a fair quality TN panel that runs at 1920*1200?

RollingThunder

Destroyer of Trolls & Spammers
Yeah, I figured as much. I lucked out a while back and got one of those Soyo P-MVA panels and love it. I was just hoping there was something else out there.

Got any recommendations on a fair quality TN panel that runs at 1920*1200?

Krusty,

No "hands on" experience with any TN LCD other than what I've seen in the stores.

OP
Krusty

Krusty

Thanks for the input, guys.

I now have 5 different monitors I'm picking up to test.

Maybe if I get enough time I'll see if I could get a detailed analysis posted here for you all.