• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommended Fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[OCS]Midnight

Registered
I'm looking to get some new fans for my case and I'm kinda overwhelmed by all the brands, specs, and such. Pretty much what I'm looking for is a fan that has fairly good intake, and is reasonably quite. I don't need it to be silent by anymeans, but not something that I will really notice with my headset on and playing a game. One that can have the RPMs adjusted from a fan controller would also nice too, as I plan to buy one in the future (a recommendation for one of these would also be great). I'm also not Mr. Moneybags, so I'd also like to weigh that with the performance/noise. So what do you guys recommend? Also, since I'm posting, in order to make a fan push the air out the back when I buy a new one, do all I have to do is reverse the way it faces, or do I have to buy a special exhaust fan? Thx in advance.

Demonghast

Can't really go wrong with panaflo fans. Though I've found their low rpm ones don't display the rpms properly though they can still be slowed down with a fan control unit.

Otherwise if you have a bit more money maybe grab some Vantec Stealths. They are quite silent, look a bit better than the panaflos and are about the same for air push.

And yes to turn a fan from pulling in air to exhausting you just turn it around. Keep in mind that the fan will usually have fins for straightening the airflow. However it's not (usually) important to have straight airflow out of the exhausting fans. Still though it's maybe something to think about.

Radical

If the Panaflo high speed fans are too loud then you can try the Panaflo M1A (medium speed) or even the L1A (low speed). Also, a fan controller can be useful when trying to find the right balance between noise and airflow once you have chosen which fan you want to use. A good fan controller is the Sunbeam Rheobus

Also, WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!

squirtle632

What kinda case?
If you can fit 120mm fans in there, there are two options, IMHO, the Evercool Aluminum or Delta fans. Cost/performance ratio is the best. Panaflos are more expensive but a bit quieter.