• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recording Software from Video In on GFX Card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Little DeViL

I was wondering if there is any good quality recording software that i can get. I have hooked up my gfx card to my video machine and i can record from videos that i have recorded from TV, but the quality is not that good...

Secondly, when i record a normal video (not recorded from TV), i get a white strip across the vid, therefore giving me the displeasure of being unable to view the movie...

And after recording a 3hr movie of about 1.5gigs, i wasnt too happy...

Rig.. P4 1.8, Geforce 4 64mb with video in and TV out, 512 DDR ram...

Thanx in advance ;)

RangerJoe

All that is Man!
generally if you have video in on your video card, it will come with some kind of software to watch TV with, or whatever you would like.

i know with my old VIVO card, it came with some MSI program that did the whole thing.

if you can figure out how to watch tv on your comp, then chances are there is an option you could be overlooking, esp when it comes with quality....

KILLorBE

It doesn't really matter what kinda software you use, the reason why the quality isn't that good when you capture from a VCR is that a VCR (Normal VHS) only records about half the resolution (~240 lines...250 lines max. and over 400 lines for S-VHS), so if you want better quality you should capture at a low resolution and watch it in a small window.

If you want to watch it full screen on your monitor it might look better if you set your monitor resolution to 640x480.

About the white stripe, could you give us some more info as it could be several things.

OP
Little DeViL

Little DeViL

its an original tape that im trying to copy to pc.... a get a white strip, rather thik in diameter that goes across the whole clip blocking enough of the image to not allow viewing...

About the software that comes with the card... Im using MSI software at the momemtn, but i cant get the quality better... i ahve played with the sttings, but it wont get better.

KILLorBE

Little DeViL said:
its an original tape that im trying to copy to pc.... a get a white strip, rather thik in diameter that goes across the whole clip blocking enough of the image to not allow viewing...
Most likely it has to do with macrovision copy protection.
I suggest you try the WDM 1.08 driver:D ;)

Little DeViL said:
About the software that comes with the card... Im using MSI software at the momemtn, but i cant get the quality better... i ahve played with the sttings, but it wont get better.
I don't think there's anything you can do about it.
You could try some of the programs that you can find here, but I doubt it'll help.