• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recover data from unnallocated disk?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nd4spdbh2

OK well i screwed up... i typed clean in disk part thinking it would clean just the selected partition, well it gets the whole disk. So i ended up loosing 450 gbs worth of data. Is there any way i could possibly get it back? I had one 60 gb partition at the beginning of the 1tb disk, and the rest a partition. now its one big unallocated piece.

im doing alota this right now :bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head

Know Nuttin

Yep, just don't write anything more to it, you should be able to recover data using software recovery tools. You can format it if needed, some tools need a drive letter to access it.
I normally use ontrack easy recovery and it works well. Recuva may work also, as a free option to try.

OP
nd4spdbh2

nd4spdbh2

Ya as soon as i did it i went aahhhhhh crap. and shut the comp down so i didnt write n e thing more to it.

ill give both a try tomorrow and report back. Thanks!

OP
nd4spdbh2

nd4spdbh2

OMG i used acronis disk director suite... worked like a charm! was able to recover my 450gbs worth of data! SO STOKED!!!!

cw823

Honeybadger Moderator
FTK imager does about the same thing, it's a forensic imaging utilities (for future forum searches)

OP
nd4spdbh2

nd4spdbh2

sweet, ill keep this thread subscribed to so if this ever does happen again i know where to go! Im just super stoked i got all my stuff back.