• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Refresh rate regedit tweak

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

villham308

Registered
I've got an nVIDIA MX460 and win2k wont let the refresh rate stay at 75Hz, always changing it back to the default 60Hz. I know there's programs out there that can fix this, but i dont want anything running in the background.

I read the tweak for regedit somewhere on this forum, only i cant find it again. Searched every combination i could think of, anyway if anyone knows where the bit is i need to change can you please let me know.

Cheers,

Willem.

Disputant

This what you are looking for?

"This setting optimizes the refresh of your monitor for increased performance (Or rather, the potential for higher frame rates with Vsync enabled). By default this is 75, if you wish to change this take the following steps;

Click on Start, Run, type in regedit & hit Enter.

Open the following registry key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Class\Display\0000\TIMINGS]. Right click on the OptimalRefreshLimit setting & select Modify.

Change this value (75 by default) to the maximum refresh rate supported by your monitor.

I'd recommend you set this to Disable & instead see the Vsync & Refresh rates section, too see how you can set your refresh rate for each resolution/colour depth."