• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

refridgerant system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ssjwizard

Has slightly less legible writing than Thideras
heres a pic of the evaporator coil im using

ok heres the pic my bad

heres a pic of the coil inside of my res

heres a pic of the compressor and radiator

now all i need to do is figure out how to put it all togeather any ideas? all help here is greatly apreciated if its just from how to incase it or how i actualy need to connect the freon tubing. ive never worked with a refridgerant compressor before i didnt even remove it from the old fridge my bro did it while i was at work

I work with refridgeration at work some times. Its a pain in the *** to fix the stuff if you dont know what you are doing. For someone who knows nothing about it would be impossible. Plus the fact that you would have to brase so new lines on and charge the unit with no prior knowledge of pressure and compressor amps and superheat and such you would be better off to find some near you that can work with you. Plus you would need to get refridgerent. Do you know what kind you need? Its a crazy big fine to caught with. just some things I know.... good luck post pics when your done....bewhere of condensation.

oh i can get the refidgerant. my neighbor used to get it for us when we need to work on our ac. he probably know somthing about how i should put it togeather and im learning how to weld/sweat pipes and such.

were did you get that coil? and how big is it?? ID and OD

tcl yes the shadow is me and a basketball backboard and pole... and maskedgeek i got the coil out of an old refridgerator it looks to be about 30ft of tubing its is aluminm i think and the id isnt that bit probably 1/4" or less

On the spikey tubing- i've seen similar (but spikes radially in all directions) on in-window ac units instead of the traditional condenser. This might actually be a helpful post if i could say who the manufacturer was but alas, i am not so useful. It seems like a reasonably efficient way to make a radiator.

yea probably a decent radiator design. though its not realy a radiator its the evaporation coil. anyways im considering killing the project all togeather cus im not sure about the wiring for this and i dont know spacificly what kind of freon oil it takes. i could guess and fill it with r12 and probably be riht but it could allways be like r132 or somthing mroe extream i think im gona get a mini fridge and start over.

ok i think i am going to get a mini fridge and start over. any sugestions as to things to look for in my project?

Look for a fridge that uses R134a or R22. Although if you buy a fairly new one, they should use the new refridgerant.

R12 for all purposes is no longer available.

humm. now im wondering where i can get freon for my pourpose. if i even want to go through the hell of building this system. maybe i can get the whole thing out of the mini fridge without discharging it.

Don't fear. you can use R134a which is cheap and not regulated, in pretty much any system. In autos, the conversion is done all the time and kits are available for the purpose which function to purge out the old and include the correct fittings, oils, etc. Information is also readily available about how large (by weight) the charge should be. the only real issue is making sure the o-rings are of a compatible material- but you can easily obtain the correct ones.

well that brightens my hops for doing this project some. im not sure if the funds are going to be avalible anymore so i may be putting this on hold but its somthing to look at anyways. thanks for your help.

Back