• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Refurb A7V333's at Newegg, w/RAID-$39!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Breadfan

Inactive Moderator
OMG thats a great deal! I so picked on up too!

THESE ARE $130 NEW!!!!

And nice boards, I've used 4 at work and they rock, I always wanted one at home so I could have a nice pair of KT333's the ASUS And my Abit... :)

This so should be in the cyber deals, I'm going there to post about it if its not there :)

Mike

BioS

Too bad to jboy and Me... We in Cali have to pay extra for tax. Breadfan and people live outside of Cali not need extra for tax that will make it sweeter. :D

broken003

I bought two, one for me and one for my parents new computer. Watch out everyone folding above the 300th spot on the team!

OP
J

jboy

I just found out these boards probably dont support a 1/5 divisor, despite the fact that Asus shows the divisor in bios. Only rev. 2.xxx boards support the 1/5 divisor.This really sucks. I'm probably going to return my Fedex shipment to Newegg. When you do this Newegg automatically credits your credit card for the full amount of your order. Sorry if my recommendation caused anyone probs, but like I said, just return your shipment to newegg and it wont cost you a thing. I guess there's a possibility that these are rev.2.xxx boards, but it'll cost you return shipping and a 15% restocking fee to find out if they"re not. I'm really p'd at Asus, it's fraudulent. Check out this link submitted by Tru2Ya, to get the sorry details..

http://www.amdforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=155944

nymph

Sorry if this is a stupid question to ask but I just dont know... What does 1/5 divisor mean? I have a 1.04 revision and in my bios (1015) There is a cpu/memory frequency ratio option with 2 settings of 1:1 or auto and myn is set on auto... Is this anything to do with what my question is?

Last edited:

broken003

the 1/5 means how fast your pci slots run in relation to your FSB. you take your FSB and divide it by your divisor to get your PCI bus speed. The 1/5 divisor works better for overclocking because at 166 FSB your PCI slots are not overclocked at all (they are at 166/5=33MHZ). Depending upon your system components, some PCI cards really dont like to be overclocked and having a 1/5 divisor can increase your fsb overclocking potential.

If you need more info you should be able to search and find tons of info.

nymph

Ohhh, OK.. I get it... So it's reported than that in the pre 2.0 rev. the divisor doesnt work even though it has it in the 1015 bios.... I'm gonna check this out now with sandra... Thanks for explaining that to me!!

broken003

I remember some old posts saying sandra was wrong, but I am still learning about this whole issue too. If it doesnt support the 1/5 then I think ASUS should have to answer for why the bios appears to show a 1/5.

nymph

I agree, It's pretty deceitful on their part if that is the case. I'd think twice before I bought another ASUS product again....

broken003

and to think that I was happy with my A7V133, thats why I didnt have any reservations about this board. Its still a great overclocker though

nymph

According to SANDRA2003 Pro, with my 170FSB my pci bus is 45mhz!!! And then i lowered it to 166fsb and my pci bus is at 42mhz! It seems that the 1/5 divisor for the a7v333 rev 1.04 is not working or sandra reporting incorrect information (which is nothing new)... Does anyone have info on this also?

Last edited:

Oni

Oni-ni-Kanab;, Ninja Hippo eater Moderator
jboy said:
Yeah, I'm running mine at 175fsb, but it's at the 1/4 divisor, not the 1/5 as it should be.

Did you check that w/ Sandra? Sandra doesn't know squat when it comes to that kind of stuff.

I'd get the newer version (2003) and test again.

If you're at a 175 FSB w/ a /4 divisor, that's 43 Mhz on the PCI/IDE bus. That's going to corrupt data on an HD.

I'd say you're pro'lly running w/ a /5 :)

BioS

Is that another software to test these PCI and AGP running beside Sandra? I beleive that should be one software out there.

Jon

Just Another Retired Moderator
Pre-2.0 revisions are hit and miss with the 1/5 divisor...most don't have it.

I purchased one of these refurbs last week and it doesn't have the 1/5. I was only mildly upset as it's only a secondary gaming box/cruncher/folder, but still...it's a KT333 that was advertised as having that function.

My opinion, the mass of refurbs they have in stock are because of this. Bunch of people returned for the r2.0 boards that do have the working 1/5 divisor.

broken003

so "if" sombody gets a board that doesnt have the 1/5th, is there anything they can do to get one with it?

I wasnt sure that they "advertised" the 1/5, but I checked in the manual and it does show some reference to it being there.
It shows in the manual that you can select ratios from [100:33]...[227:45], showing that there should be a 1/5

nymph

If you have the money up front or just use a credit card, you could buy the board brand new(hopefully getting a 2.0) and then as soon as it comes, just swap it out for your 1.xx and return it for your money back.... I'm selling myn and buying an A-BIT... I don't think I'll buy another ASUS again....

OP
J

jboy

Maybe we should organize a petition to send to Asus, asking them to correct this omission and make good on the implied promise of this divisor being there ? This would be an open-and-shut case of fraud in any court of law. Anybody want to sign ?