• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Regor II 240 OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

silverbreez2000

After just building my new rig with this CPU, and comfortably OCing it out of the box to 3.5GHz.. I've read on here that it can sometimes go as high as 3.7ish... would I see any noticeable performance gain from 3.5 to 3.7? or is it just bragging rights?

BTW... this is my first new build since my Athlon XP 2400+ back in the day... and OMG is it snappy :)

mxthunder

LOL nice upgrade there. Depends what you do with it, 95% of people will not notice the difference between 3.5 and 3.7ghz. Check for stability really well at 3.5 for a while, then consider moving up to 3.7

tool_462

The only time you would notice a difference between 3.5 and 3.7 is if you were playing a game or something that wasn't quite fast enough at 3.5 but 3.7 it kept it above the minimum FPS or something.

Even then, I always squeeze the tightest timings and most Mhz out of my hardware...because it is fun :p

QuietIce

Disabled
The only time you would notice a difference between 3.5 and 3.7 is if you were playing a game or something that wasn't quite fast enough at 3.5 but 3.7 it kept it above the minimum FPS or something.

Even then, I always squeeze the tightest timings and most Mhz out of my hardware...because it is fun :p
+1 :):thup:

scottie2d

Registered
My 240

I like to keep mine a 3.5 cause I have had some issues with crashing when I get around 3.8. I can't notice that much in performance maybe a few frames in games.