• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Reintalling xp pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Remove

I accidently used the wrong xp pro cd to install on a new system. I have 7 copies and am not very organized! LOL I installed all my drivers, software and updates already and do not really want to do it all again.

What I need to know is how I can change my windows key to the correct one so that I can activate it. I know I could probably wait on hold with MS for an hour or so but we all know how much fun that is! :mad:

Any help would be appreciated. :D

wow...hmmm... that might require the use of software were not allowed to talk about on the forums XD, but there are ways,

Actually from my understandings it can be changed within windows itself. I personally have no clue as to how however... :rolleyes: sorry... lol

I am not trying to do anything illegal or immoral. I just do not want to have to do a complete reinstall due to having a VERY messy computer lab. I can afford to buy multiple copies because my brother in law works for ms and can buy software for family members. I can not resale it or trade it though.

If there is no way to do it right then I will start over with the right disc. I'm just lazy and like to do things the easy way.

Remove said:
I am not trying to do anything illegal or immoral. I just do not want to have to do a complete reinstall due to having a VERY messy computer lab. I can afford to buy multiple copies because my brother in law works for ms and can buy software for family members. I can not resale it or trade it though.

If there is no way to do it right then I will start over with the right disc. I'm just lazy and like to do things the easy way.

Sorry we can't help you here.

Im sure google has the answer though ;)

Umm...well if your brother in law works for Microsoft then wouldn't he probably know? Of course he might just be in accounting or something like that and have absolutely no clue about computers. But he might know someone who does.

Got it figured out and activated correctly. Sorry if I asked something taboo.

Back