• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Remote control for PC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

marketpantry

Id like to use a remote control to power on and off my pc and to watch stuff on my tv out. what remotes would work this way?

Take a look at http://www.pcremotecontrol.com/. Finding a remote for your media is easy. Getting one to turn it On and Off is another thing. You might have to get 2 different solutions, a media remote and a seperate remote for the power on/off.

Something you could look into for the on/off would be total home control solutions. There are a lot of products for controlling lights, dishwasher, tvs, alarms, security cameras, basically everything in the house. Total home control systems are very expensive but you could get just a small part of one. For example the parts for powering lights and appliances. They are usually small items you plug into an outlet then plug the appliance into the controller. These are usually used by phone or internet for security reasons.

One tech support call I got was from a gentleman in Miami, calling about an internet problem at his house in North Carolina. He had the whole place setup to be controlled over the internet from wherever he was. His specific issue was the digital camera he had setup to monitor his new home construction site next door. It also had sound so he could talk to the contractors and delivery folks.

I doubt ya want to go that far tho. :)

Hope you find something to work for ya.

For me, I went the cheap way. I have a wireless mouse I use from bed sometimes, but that lacked a little functionality.

So I used my old Logitech wireless controller and Joy2Mouse to map all the buttons and hotkeys I wanted.

For me, I went the cheap way. I have a wireless mouse I use from bed sometimes, but that lacked a little functionality.

So I used my old Logitech wireless controller and Joy2Mouse to map all the buttons and hotkeys I wanted.

i dont know why i didnt think of of the wireless mouse... good idea!

Back