• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Remote Desktop for Win2k Pro?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stryfe

I like the Remote Desktop feature in WinXP but I don't want to use XP. Anyway for me to set this up in Win2k Pro? I tried using a program called TightVNC but it doesn't work all that well.

The remote desktop is just a single user version of terminal server. Upgrading to win2k server will allow this. If you don't want to upgrade you can control the desktop with programs like VNC.

Or just get a 2000 Server disk. You can use the terminal services program on it on 2000 and it will work just fine. I don't think it is a breach of the EULA on 2000 server either. We use it like this at work and have been audited many times, all without incident.

Kingslayer said:
Or just get a 2000 Server disk. You can use the terminal services program on it on 2000 and it will work just fine. I don't think it is a breach of the EULA on 2000 server either. We use it like this at work and have been audited many times, all without incident.

How would you go about installing it?

I'm getting a new hard drive Friday so if I can find a friend to borrow the 2k Server CD off of by then, I may just install it on the new hard drive.

Stryfe said:
I'm getting a new hard drive Friday so if I can find a friend to borrow the 2k Server CD off of by then, I may just install it on the new hard drive.

Don't mean to be harsh but you may want to remove the final part because that is breaking copyright laws which may drop the hammer on OC'er.com. this site is always been watched for various reason.

Back