• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Removing defogger

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyranos

How would you remove the defogger from the bridges if you feel that the gaps were not filled adequately during unlocking?

Über~PhLuBB

Jedi Knight Senior
Tyranos said:
How would you remove the defogger from the bridges if you feel that the gaps were not filled adequately during unlocking?

I use the edge of a credit card (or other plastic card, like drivers license or plastic school ID) and scrape off as much as I can, then use Acetone (nail polish remover) to dissolve the rest.

As a safety precaution, I use isopropyl alcohol to "clean" the Acetone off, because the nail polish remover I have has "additives" to make nails stronger (probably Keratin and Aloe Vera). I don't want any additive film over my chips. =)

maxima88

I use denatured alcohol. It's a lot more expensive but really works well in removing any conductive paint.

The-Fox

Registered
I use Nail Polish Remover too, it works fast and very efective, leave no Marks at all...

Mr B

Senior Admin Emeritus
Isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol works as well, but not as good as the polish remover (which I'm a bit leery of using, but anyways...)

Either should work....alcohol just takes longer...