• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Removing stock heat sink and fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Marion

I have a PIII 750 with a stock heat sink and fan. I have ordered the FOP32-1 to replace it. My question is how to remove the sink and fan already on the cpu. I have not had it off the mother board yet so I am not sure how the sink is attached to the cpu. Any help would be great. Thanks!

I had a slot 1 667 (retail also). The thing to use is what we call the 'Screw Method' I know there are a few sites that show how to do it. (I can't remember them) Something to warn you about is, when you are doing this, use a level surface, and DO NOT USE TOO MUCH FORCE!!! I'll try to find you a site..
Mark

found the place to go.. @ www.overclockers.com go to tips & techniques, then go to CPU Review and Tips and look for 'Removing the Heatsink from a Retail PIII' (kinda at the bottom of the list.
hope it helps

I should have specified my CPU is the socket 370 type and not a cartridge.

Back