• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Replace dead LCD Panel? Diagnosis?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ps2cho

Maybe this isn't even worth the hassle...

I have a 19" HannsG widescreen monitor that just died, its had a great life working 8+hrs a day since 2005. I can't see any light output from the LCD Panel.

-Menu button on the side doesn't come up
-Power light is ON
-Computer reads monitor fully.

My guess is the LCD panel is dead? Could there be anything else?

AFAIK, HannsG used other manufacturers panels, so if I pulled it open and looked at the panel, would it be as simple as seeing if I can match a part# on ebay so I can keep it in use?

Any other suggestions?

Maybe this isn't even worth the hassle...

I have a 19" HannsG widescreen monitor that just died, its had a great life working 8+hrs a day since 2005. I can't see any light output from the LCD Panel.

-Menu button on the side doesn't come up
-Power light is ON
-Computer reads monitor fully.

My guess is the LCD panel is dead? Could there be anything else?

Is there a chance any generic LCD panel would be a replacement to allow me to get it working again?
AFAIK, HannsG used other manufacturers panels, so if I pulled it open and looked at the panel, would it be as simple as seeing if I can match a part# on ebay?

Any other suggestions?

Doubt it is worth it looking to repair. Second hand monitors are not in short supply on eBay and other sites for very little money.

I think you got your money's worth out of a 15 year old monitor. It is pretty safe to say the manufacturer sent you monitor & replacement parts to End of Life status many years ago. Monitor tech has improved since then & a new, or newer, replacement will probably look better and use a lot less energy.

It ain't worth it. Even if you fix it for less than the price of a new display, something else could go wrong soon.

It ain't worth it. Even if you fix it for less than the price of a new display, something else could go wrong soon.

Trying to recycle electronics where I can rather than into the landfill! Especially if I could find a new panel for $30 or something.

Guess landfill it is!

Trying to recycle electronics where I can rather than into the landfill! Especially if I could find a new panel for $30 or something.

Guess landfill it is!
15 years... you've done your part, and mine. :)

Get yourself a new monitor. :)

Back