• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Replacing the Logitech MX1000 battery?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Celeron_Phreak

I've got this idea to change out the battery in my Logitech MX1000 Rev. 2. I was looking online and found this picture:

._Logitech%20MX1000%20images_Mouse%20case%20top%20battery%202%20DSCF0034.jpg

(hosted and resized by me)

Apparently the MX1000 uses a 1700mAh 3.7V Li-Ion battery. Now what I wanted to do was pull this one out and put a higher mAh battery in for even longer battery life. I figured I'd post here before I start jumping at something though.

zebkoolindc

You would have to find one that fits in there first. Li-Ion batteries usally have some sort of chip to prevent damage from sort cicuits. If they over heat the juice leaks out and lithium doesn't get along with water.

If you wanted to stick them in the body of the mouse, not the little slot, you could put as bigs a you want.

OP
Celeron_Phreak

Celeron_Phreak

there are sites out there that sell the batteries in that same shape and size, but different ratings. So you're saying I can safely replace the battery with a higher current one?

sunrunner20

Masta Tweeka!
As far as I know you are good to go. But, Ma/h is not current, but capacity.

Interesting tidbit: The “myth” of cell phones exploding is not a myth. It is the lithium ion battery’s way of telling you it has been overcharged/discharged. :eek: