• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Reports on X3-reunion?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flixotide

Just ordered this game, seriously hoping the postie brigns it out tomorrow morning - prolly wont. Figured I'd leave a thread open and see some reports, as the game is seriously demanding on graphics and CPU with its massive space details.

Always pays off to wait 3 months before buying a game, patch 1.3 is already out for it.

Cheers and have a happy one :)

Flix

Prodigious

I have nothing good to say about this game. The first two were great, and teh concept is wonderful. However, even after all the patches it is an EXTREMELY buggy game, not limited to: complications from the starforce protection, horribly synced audio during cutscenes, INCORRECT ORDERS(that's right, the actual mission orders like "go to gate x" are wrong at times, so you have to figure out what to do for your self), and occassional slowdowns even when nothing major is going on.

I feel ripped off, that's all I can say.

OP
flixotide

flixotide

well, okay... set aside the starforce and missions - which aren't the reason why I buy the bought the game, I bought it for the free-feel Elite type gameplay. I used to play X2, but quickly found the environment too stale and static..

With X3 the game should've turned more dynamic, as should the influence on your actions be on the enviroment. Missions were tedious in X2 and boring, so I'm skipping those in X3 alltogether.

Strange how starforce is such a fuzz... I was way more ****ed off when Doom 3 came out, bouncing daemon tools off my rig before I was allowed to play it... to me thats a much bigger infringement of my rig than starforce will ever be. But thats an entirely different story..

Anything on the virtual dynamic space and enviroment, how it has progressed compared to its predecessor?