• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

requesting an OK from expert on OC for GA-7n400-L1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

d_creed

Registered
specs-
cpu: amd athlon xp 2500+ (barton)
mobo: GA-7n400-L1 (nForce2)
ram: kingston dual-chan 512MB (2x256) PC3200

well here's the deal, i just got the barton 2500 and the mobo recently and decided to go ahead and OC it. I basically just went into BIOS and changed the BUS to 400mhz and then rebooted and the CPU read as a Athlon 3200....

my question is: is this all i have to do to OC this thing, i thought it was going to involve a bit more than a couple bios settings to gain 400 mhz and 1000+ pts on my 3DMark01SE (from 12750 to 14000). also are there any memory settings i should change to get the most out of this...

current temps are 50 deg celsius... under stress..

thanks

OP
D

d_creed

Registered
PERFECT, thanks a lot there is some good info on those two sites... think i'll try to just stick with what i got and get it as stable as possible ([email protected]=2200mhz)... since in the past i usually end up screwing things up when i try to take it too far... 90 bucks for a 2.2 ghz processor :)....

thanks again!

3sixes

d_creed,
Dosent get any better than that does it:D
Do us all a favor and participate in the gigabyte poll at amdmb, we are gonna take all of the users experiences and submit them to gigabyte.;)

dead_man311

I got that same board as you got d_creed i think it rocks has tons of options in the bio's to get yuor CPU rocking i just cant wait to get my system totaly done and see how it rocks then

you got a rocking system there and like you said for $90 you got a AMD Athlon XP 3200+ its soo nice

Hood

Only thing I will say is set your DDR to 11 2 2 2 if possible or 11 2 3 2 or the tightest combination you can get to work, you may have to increase the DDR voltage as a lot of 3200 and up really needs atleast 2.7v.
Hood

BTW always have the Tras 11 for the best performance in NForce2 mobos when running dual channel.